Friday, September 19, 2008

The latest roast


My latest roast is an India Monsooned Malabar AA from Sweet Maria's. Here is the "green" bean before roasting. It roasted to a nice dark brown, a little darker than milk chocolate, and is just now(10 hours later) starting to exude some oil. I'm pretty excited to try this in my moka pot as well as in my drip machine. Maybe I'll get really kooky and try it in my French Press too :-)


I roasted a pound of Decaf Espresso Donkey Blend from Sweet Maria's for Chris and Jeanne last night as well. I'm really excited to hear how they like it. It was kind of a strange roast for me. Most of the espresso blends I've roasted thus far have gone all the way to the end of 2nd crack(French), this one went to mid-2nd crack(Vienna). It certainly looked really good when it was done.

1 comment:

Chris said...

And it sure tasted yummy! I changed our grinder to 3 to see about getting more taste from the beans. And when I prepared a latte for Jeanne I added just the slightest bit of vanilla and white chocolate. Those seemed to enhance the taste perfectly.